Thank you to everyone who submitted great feedback and responded to the Group Fitness Survey in October. We value your input and from that are able to create programs and schedules to meet your fitness goals.
Our new Group Fitness schedules go into effect on Friday, January 2nd. We offer 902 classes per week at CAC’s seven locations, so you can make your workout routine different every week! You can find the schedules on line here, on CAC’s Mobile App and in the clubs now.
A few highlights of the new schedules include:
- At EAC, new formats Tabata and Full Body Blast, and Pilates for Buff Bones has been extended to 75 minutes to incorporate foam rolling
- At LPAC, new formats Foam Roller Recovery, Tai Chi Flow and Stretch Yoga
- At BAC, new format CXWORX and more Pilates and BODYPUMP added
- At LVAC, more BODYPUMP classes and an additional Swim Training class and more HIIT
- At LSAC, new formats Global Groove, WERQ and Meditation, plus added classes at 5:30am and 4pm, and more Zumba
- At WPAC, new format BODYCOMBAT, additional POUND and BODYPUMP classes added and half-hour 5:30am classes added
- At WAC, new format TACFIT added, plus an additional Water Workout class
- And at all clubs, we have some incredible new-to-CAC instructors with extensive experience and talent to provide you fun, safe and effective workouts
Tentative or intimidated to try a class? Introduce yourself to the instructor before class and you have an instant friend who will provide resources to make you confident and successful and will help you meet your fitness goals. You can also contact the Group Fitness Manager of your club prior to attending a class and ask about the specifics. The Group Fitness Manager will happily tell you about the instructor, the class, the equipment and set up and what to expect. And attention all MEN! Group Fitness is for you, too! Try Spinning, Yoga, BODYPUMP, HIIT and TRX, just to name a few.
For the moms-to-be, CAC’s Pre/Postnatal classes remain All Club Access! Check the website for a schedule of all Pre/Postnatal AND Water Workout classes. Let your membership advisor or a manager know your due date and you’ll gain All Club Access to these classes until you deliver.
What else does CAC have to offer? Top Fitness Trends!
From the November/December issue of ACSM’s Health & Fitness Journal®, some of the top fitness trends predicted for 2015 include:
- Body Weight Training: Body weight training uses minimal equipment, but is not limited to just push-ups and pull-ups. CAC’s Workout Challenge, HIIT, TACFIT, TRX, Sports Conditioning and R.I.S.E & Shine classes all incorporate body weight training.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT):HIIT involves short bursts of activity followed by a short period of rest or recovery. CAC offers HIIT classes both in the studio and in the pool!
- Educated and Experienced Fitness Professionals: All of our Instructors hold certifications specific to the formats they teach and our Personal Trainers are all nationally certified by leading organizations.
- Strength Training: Incorporating strength training is an essential part of a complete exercise program for all physical activity levels and genders. Try our BODYPUMP, Muscle Definition, TRX, Abs & Arms, CXWORX, Ballet Burn, Cardio Sculpt, Full Body Blast, Hard Core, POUND, Sports Conditioning and Yoga Sculpt classes.
- Personal Training. One-on-one training with one our nationally certified trainers is a great way to set and meet fitness goals. It provides accountability and motivation. We have trainers with specialties for every need, from pre/postnatal to those with limited functionality and senior clients, as well as those working towards weight loss or an athletic competition.
- Yoga. Based on ancient tradition, yoga utilizes a series of specific body postures practiced for health and relaxation. CAC has an extensive schedule of yoga classes offered morning, noon and night. We also offer Private Yoga. Whether just getting started or to deepen your practice, our certified Private Yoga Trainers offer 60 and 90 minute private sessions. Contact your club’s Personal Training Manager for more information.
- Small Group Training. Training two to eight people at a time makes economic sense for the clients and trainers. It can increase energy and it definitely makes working out more fun. Train with a friend or register for one of CAC’s Small Group Training Programs.
What else is in store for Fitness at CAC? Stay tuned. We’re working on some special event pop up classes classes and an online sign up system.
In Health and Happiness for 2015,
Sarah Ruhl, Director of Fitness