Yoga is grounded in an ancient meditation system using breath as a means to connect the mind with the body. Our highly-experienced yoga instructors teach poses, postures, movements and meditation to enhance your flexibility and strength. When you step into our studios, you access a space where it is all about you, giving you a chance to focus on your breathing, your practice, and your mind/body connection. Who doesn't love that? View our offered yoga classes below.
Each of our gyms in Chicago and Evanston doubles as a local yoga studio. You can find a wide variety of inviting yoga classes with trained instructors—perfect for beginners, advanced yogis, and everyone in between.
Chicago Athletic Clubs also offers offer a comprehensive array of yoga classes designed to promote mind/body wellness beyond the scope of yoga. This includes Pilates Mat, meditation and stretch.
Chicago Athletic Club’s 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training Program provides a space to dive deeper into the rich history of Yoga, while also providing the skills and wisdom to develop and lead safe, effective, empowering and inspiring Vinyasa Flow classes.
Our Chicago and Evanston experts offer a comprehensive array of yoga classes, including:
- Ashtanga Power Yoga: This vigorous method of yoga involves synchronizing breath with a progressive sequence of postures to help build strength, flexibility and detoxify the body. Progress is easily assessed because the sequence is always the same.
- Gentle Yoga: This yoga class offers a slower pace that is gentler on the joints. All levels are welcome.
- Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga focuses on the connective tissue (yin) rather than muscle (yang). Poses are held for longer periods of time, with support from blocks, in order to accomplish the proper stretching of connective tissue and increased flexibility of the joints.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga: This dynamic and physically demanding style of yoga is energetic and heating, as it flows from one pose to the next in a seamless Vinyasa. Great for building stamina and strength. Experience meditation through movement, as opposed to seated meditation.
- Yoga (Beginner): An ideal introduction to yoga, the pace of this class is slower and gives more detailed explanations of moves, postures, alignments and breath. Learn the fundamentals and structural foundation of each position.
- Yoga (Multi-Level): This class allows for a variety of experience levels from beginner to advanced. The instructor challenges the skill level of each participant. Students are encouraged to work at their own capacity and build their yoga practice slowly over time.
- Yoga Sculpt: Yoga Sculpt is a modern form of yoga that combines Vinyasa Yoga, strength training, cardiovascular fitness, and core work. This yoga class uses weights to strengthen the practice while helping tone and shape the body. Burn calories, build stamina, increase strength and flexibility and increase lean muscle mass.
Pilates Mat: Strengthen, stretch and lengthen your muscles while improving posture and reducing stress and tension. Whether you are a beginner or have participated in many Pilates Mat classes, this class is structured for you. Your instructor is prepared to challenge the skill level of each person and will give direction and modifications to ensure that you can work with what feels best.
- Meditation: Improve concentration and awareness through meditation. Learn how to focus on the breath and connect the mind, body and spirit for greater peace and relaxation. Take the preceding yoga class as preparation or just come for the group guided meditation.
- Gentle Pilates: Focusing on stretching and strengthening the back, waist, shoulders, hips and legs with an all over body workout. We'll also be doing gentle stretches and work on maintaining and improving balance too.
- Stretch: Dynamically increase your flexibility. Create more space and less tension in the body with passive and active stretching designed to increase muscle length.