Strength Training Classes
Get fit from head to toe with our full body strength training classes in Chicago and Evanston.
Les Mills has a suite of strength training classes for you to enjoy. Try them all here at Chicago Athletic Clubs.
Choose the specialty strength training class that is right for you to target certain muscles or workout methods.
Full Body Strength
Total Body Training: An endurance extravaganza! Sometimes a sport-specific circuit, sometimes a cardiovascular marathon — always a challenge. Improve strength, balance, and agility utilizing the latest in exercise equipment and techniques.
Studio Strength: It’s time to get functionally fit! This class uses a variety of equipment, along with body weight, to give YOUR body what it needs to be fit on every level. The body does not work in isolation so neither should your workout. We incorporate strength, heart rate, flexibility, agility, mobility, core, rotation, balance, and multiple planes of movement. We use variations on “basic” exercises, as well as working outside the box. Build endurance, get strong, get balanced.
Sports Conditioning: Cardio drills mixed with strength and agility exercises to improve flexibility, coordination, athletic performance endurance, and function.
Functional Strength & Stretch: Experience more energy and less injury through body awareness. Through smooth, rhythmic motion, release tight muscles and develop more functional movement patterns for health and performance. Learn to move your body from your core and improve your posture and balance. This class is appropriate for all fitness levels and is great for postnatal women, new exercisers, the mature population, post-rehab, and athletes.
Boxing Challenge: Learn authentic boxing techniques, punches and footwork. Participants may use hand wraps, boxing gloves, focus mitts and heavy bags for punching drills. Other conditioning exercises may include sprints, jumping rope, med ball drills and lower and upper back strengthening. Advanced boxing drills can be provided for more experienced participants.
HIIT: The class is a rigorous interval training sequence with high-intensity exercises. It builds cardiovascular fitness while improving muscular strength and endurance. People are challenged to push to their limits and walk out feeling strong.
Sport Training: The aim of sports training is to achieve maximum individual or team efficiency in a selected sports discipline limited by rules. Reaching maximum efficiency in any activity is not possible over a day.TRX: A form of suspension training that uses body weight exercises to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. It requires the use of the TRX Suspension Trainer, a performance training tool that leverages gravity and the user's body weight to complete the exercises.
Row 360: Rowing gives the upper and lower back and the shoulder muscles an excellent workout. Plus, the sliding seat provides a lower body workout too. Every stroke engages the calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, abs, obliques, pecs, biceps, triceps, deltoids, upper back, and lats.
Les Mills Strength Workouts
- BODYPUMP™ and BODYPUMP™ Express: is one of the world’s fastest ways to get in shape. Great bodies aren’t born, they are transformed, using the proven formula: THE REP EFFECT, a breakthrough in resistance training. Focusing on low weight loads and high repetitions, burn fat and calories, gain strength and quickly produce lean body muscle.
- LES MILLS CORE: Six tracks to a six-pack. Looking for a short, sharp workout that will inspire you to the next level of fitness, while strengthening and toning your body? Les Mills CORE is for you! Les Mills CORE really hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper body to your lower body. It is ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention.
- GRIT™ STRENGTH: Using barbell, weight plate, and body weight exercises, LES MILLS GRIT STRENGTH is an intense 30-minute team training workout that will blast all major muscle groups and take your strength into another zone.
Specialty Strength Training Classes
- Ballet Burn: Raise the bar on your workout. Ballet Burn is a results-driven fitness class utilizing hand weights and ballet-based movement to create lean lines and improve flexibility and posture. No experience or barre is needed.
- Barre/Barre Burn: Designed to effectively strengthen, tone, and balance the entire body, these are fat-burning workouts that integrate the use of the ballet barre and various props. Each class includes several highly effective sequences of toning and resistance exercises with an emphasis on the core, arms, and lower body. These are challenging, no impact classes that produce maximum results
- Yoga Sculpt: Yoga Sculpt is a modern form of yoga that combines Vinyasa Yoga, strength training, cardiovascular fitness, and core work. This yoga class uses weights to strengthen the practice—while helping tone and shape the body. Burn calories, build stamina, increase strength and flexibility and increase lean muscle mass.