Chicago Cardio Classes
We bring you the latest Les Mills cardio workouts, including BODYATTACK™, SPRINT™, GRIT™, and BODYJAM™.
Get fit from head to toe with our full-body cardio workouts, including High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and Total Body Training classes.
Dive into your favorite areas of fitness or equipment with our specialty cardio classes including Tread & Shred and Row 360.
LES MILLS CARDIO classes
The experts at Chicago Athletic Clubs bring you the latest in Les Mills workouts, including:
- BODYATTACK™ and BODYATTACK™ Express: BODYATTACK is a high-energy fitness class with moves that cater to total beginners to total addicts. We combine athletic movements like running, lunging, and jumping with strength exercises like push-ups and squats. The instructor will pump out energizing tunes and lead you through the workout – challenging your limits well, burning up to 730 calories, and leaving you with a sense of achievement. Training for the sport of life.
- LES MILLS SPRINT™: SPRINT™ is a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. It's a quick and hard style of training that returns rapid results with minimum joint impact. The short duration of a LES MILLS SPRINT workout will motivate you to push your physical and mental limits. It features bursts of intensity where you work as hard as possible, followed by periods of rest that prepare you for the next effort. The payoff is you will smash your fitness goals and burn calories for hours after each workout. Sign up 60 minutes prior to class.
- LES MILLS GRIT™ Cardio: GRIT™ Cardio is a high-impact cardio workout like nothing else. Designed to burn fat and rapidly improve athletic capability, this explosive, 30-minute workout combines high-impact bodyweight exercises and uses no equipment.
- BODYJAM™: BODYJAM is the Les Mills cardio workout with an addictive fusion of the latest dance styles and hottest new sounds, emphasizing having fun as much as breaking a sweat. If you want to dance, there's nothing like it. House, Hip-Hop, Drum and Bass, trap, and all styles of electronic dance music, it's the soul of BODYJAM.
- Sports Training: Sports training aims to achieve maximum individual or team efficiency in a selected sports discipline limited by rules. Reaching maximum efficiency in any activity is not possible over a day.
- Boxing Challenge: Learn authentic boxing techniques, punches and footwork. Participants may use hand wraps, boxing gloves, focus mitts, and heavy bags for punching drills. Other conditioning exercises may include sprints, jumping rope, med ball drills, and lower and upper back strengthening. We also offer advanced boxing drills for more experienced participants.
Cardio classes often double as a full-body workout. However, some classes ensure you are getting fitness in from head to toe, including:
- Total Body Training: An endurance extravaganza! Sometimes a sport-specific circuit, sometimes a cardiovascular marathon — always a challenge. Improve strength, balance, and agility utilizing the latest in exercise equipment and techniques.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is cardio training where short, very high-intensity intervals are combined with longer, slower intervals to recover. Increase metabolism, muscle mass, and performance, and burn fat using a variety of equipment or just your own body weight.
- Sports Conditioning: Cardio drills mixed with strength and agility exercises to improve flexibility, coordination, athletic performance, endurance, and function.
Sometimes, you find a workout or a piece of equipment that just works for you. Our specialty classes can help you make the most of your favorite areas of fitness, including:
- Tread and Shred: This is not your run-of-the-mill treadmill class. Take your workout to the next level with this total-body, high-intensity combo of treadmill intervals and strength training. Walk, run, climb, strengthen, and leave fitter, faster, and feeling great. You need not be a runner to participate.
- Row 360: This 30-minute Rowing-based class works all 360 degrees of the body through High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). The short circuits include Rowing and a series of total body exercises using state-of-the-art FitBenches, which include dumbbells, med balls, kettlebells, and more. Held in our brand-new Rowing Studio, this extra efficient, high-energy workout offers a maximum challenge with minimal impact, helping you reach your goals faster.
- Burn: Full body workouts performed at a high intensity, using your body weight as resistance. Attending this class can help increase your energy expenditure, which can help with weight loss.